Narrow Band Imaging
The latest technology to fight bladder cancer.
Narrow Band Imaging (NBI®) is the world’s only patented endoscopic light technology that enables effective targeting of biopsies not seen under white light without the need for dyes or drugs.
NBI technology enables improved visualization of lesion boundaries in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer (NMIBC) patients.
Studies* have shown that NBI visualized
- 17% additional patients with NMIBC
- 24% additional tumors
- 28% additional Carcinoma in Situ (CIS)
* Based on a weighted average.
NBI works by filtering white light into specific light wavelengths that are absorbed by hemoglobin providing enhanced visualization of capillary networks and mucosal morphology. NBI is not intended to to replace histopathological sampling as a means of diagnosis.
NBI Clinical Studies:
- Diagnosis of narrow-band imaging in non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer: A systematic review and meta-analysis study summary
- A comparison of white-light cystoscopy and narrow-band imaging cystoscopy to detect bladder tumour recurrences study summary
- Evaluation of narrow-band imaging as a complementary method for the detection of bladder cancer study summary
- Narrow Band Imaging cystoscopy and bipolar plasma vaporization for large non-muscle-invasive bladder tumors--results of a prospective, randomized comparison to the standard approach
- Narrow Band Imaging cystoscopy improves the detection of non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer
- Narrow Band Imaging for detecting residual/recurrent cancerous tissue during second transurethral resection of newly-diagnosed non-muscle-invasive high-grade bladder cancer
- Evaluation of Narrow Band Imaging as a complementary method for the detection of bladder cancer
- Narrow Band Imaging flexible cystoscopy in the detection of primary non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a ''second look'' matters?
View Products Featuring NBI
Contact an Olympus Representative