- A true curved, tapered, and double-action Maryland dissector/grasper design.
- Vessel sealing up to and including 7 mm, including pulmonary vessels, tissue bundles, and lymphatics.3
- Significantly better seal integrity performance in side-by-side GLP animal lab testing.3
- Fast sealing, with average seal time less than 2.8 seconds on vessels up to 7mm in diameter.6
- Efficient and consistent sealing performance through greater sealing length and higher jaw pressure.4
- Equivalent tissue sticking resistance when compared to nano-coated LigaSure Maryland jaw due to POWERSEAL’s proprietary waveform and jaw construction.5
We started by ensuring the high-quality sealing you expect, and building on a form and function you’re already used to, we added both new and more intuitive features:
- 15% wider jaw aperture than LigaSure Maryland jaw for enhanced grasping & dissection capability.1
- Unique latch-on/latch-off setting capability adjusts to your surgical technique & preference.
- Off-latch setting provides audible and tactile feedback to signal sufficient jaw pressure to confidently achieve 7mm vessel sealing.
- Energy activation without requirement to fully close the jaws facilitates activation on thick tissue or spot coagulation of surface bleeders.
The result is an enhanced surgical energy experience, offering unmatched comfort, efficiency, and performance.
- 55% less squeeze force required to close the jaws without sacrificing jaw force or sealing strength.1
- Reduced reach distances to device landmarks.1
- 10% less squeeze force required to actuate cutting blade without sacrificing cutting effectiveness.1
- Latch-on option to maintain secure jaw position while grasping and retracting or sealing vessels.
1. Internal test report DN0046457.
2. Based on internal test reports, and Acute & Chronic animal studies reports - DN0044705, DN0044706.
3. Based on GLP Acute & Chronic animal studies reports - DN0044705, DN0044706.
4. Based on internal Design Verification electrical & mechanical test reports - DN0046457.
5. Based on internal vessel sealing report - DN0044404.
6. Based on Vessel Sealing Test Method Acute animal study & POWERSEAL 1 Design Verification - DN0009611, DN0044249