Olympus Sof-Curl™ ureteral stents have a patented kidney curl for ease of placement and less traumatic removal. In addition, the stent’s versatile dual-durometer design and exclusive soft bladder helix provide exceptional performance and enhanced patient comfort. Each stent is supplied with an attached braided nylon tether and one RAMROD™ metal tip push catheter.
- Advanced Tecoflex® construction: This unique design delivers a stent that is firm during placement for easy passage then softens at body temperature for increased patient comfort.
- Bladder and kidney curl: The unique soft bladder curl design reduces irritation to the trigone, and an exclusive 360◦ kidney curl minimizes migration and reduces trauma during removal.
- Kink resistant: The spiral drainage hole design resists kinking and buckling.
- Ultra-slippery coating: The hydrophilic coating on the stent’s surface ensures easy insertion and removal.
- Radiopaque filler: The filler provides clear fluoroscopic visualization.
Olympus offers the largest selection of ureteral stents on the market, each ensuring the highest standards of quality and performance. Olympus ureteral stents are designed to meet the procedural needs of the surgeon and the comfort needs of the patient. Olympus stent types includes dual- and single-durometer, Tecoflex®, and silicone—each with a selection of curl designs, tip configurations, and surface coatings. Olympus ureteral stent designs include: Classic Closed Tip, Classic Double PigTail, Double-J®, LithoStent™, Lubri-Flex®, Quadra-Coil® Multi-Length, Sof-Curl™, and UroGuide™. For detailed specification or to determine the appropriate instrument for your needs, please contact customer service for assistance.
Olympus Professional Education also offers training programs through Olympus University (OU). Geared toward nurses, reprocessing technicians and biomeds, many of the OU courses are available for nursing contact hour continuing education credit.
Visit Olympus University